Is Your Furnace Ready For Winter
Winter Months Bring the Big Chill
And that means you need your furnace to keep you and your family warm! Most consumers don’t know much about their furnace or when it might be time to either fix it or replace it. Luckily you have the professionals at Jerry’s Plumbing & Heating to help you! Now is the perfect time to schedule a maintenance session for your heater.
A repair visit is designed to address a single specific issue with the heating system. Maintenance visits are designed to look throughout the whole system for problems of all varieties. That involves anything from a loose bolt to a faulty ignition system. The entire heater is examined from stem to stern, and any problems are noted. If the problem is easily corrected – such as a clogged burner or a bolt that needs replacing – the technician can do so as part of the maintenance session.
An annual inspection of your furnace from Jerry's Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning can help identify potential problems before they become costly breakdowns and ensure your equipment is operating safely and efficiently.
Annual Furnace Maintenance from will:
- Keep your furnace running smoothly
- Improve efficiency
- Protects you and your family’s health
- Keep the furnace working reliably
- Help regulate the temperature in your home
- Saves lives by preventing carbon monoxide leaks
Should you get your air ducts cleaned this winter?
People typically associate deep cleaning chores with the spring. However, there are certain things that are beneficial to do in the winter as well. Professional duct cleaning is one of those chores that should not be put off no matter what time of year it is. In fact, there are benefits to having your ducts cleaned in the winter months.
- The flu season peaks December – February in the US. The flu virus can survive eight hours on a hard surface, five on the bottom of a shoe on a soft floor, and in the air until it dries. An efficient system can clean it out of the air quicker to reduce or eliminate sick time in a building. A professional cleaning will improve the efficiency of the filtration system. You can even ask your HVAC professional about UV sanitation systems with lights to kill more germs, and/or an upgrade on your filter to a HEPA system.
- Improved efficiency is a direct result of professional duct cleaning. What better time of year is there than winter in California to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system? Power bills tend to soar during these months on the Central Coast, and an investment in improving the HVAC will be seen in lower energy costs, and a warmer home.
- A fresher smelling home is a direct result of clean air ducts. Dust, dander, dirt, and germs accumulate through the year in the duct work, often it does not smell. However, during the months where the system is running more often, and people are cooped up indoors more it can get musty and smelly if there is debris in it.
To improve your indoor air quality this winter, or any time of the year contact Jerry's Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning. An efficient HVAC system will mean less sick days, less dusting, and lower energy costs through these cold winter months. And while there is no such thing as an absolute guarantee, annual inspection and maintenance of your furnace allows the technician to spot problems, big or small.