When summer arrives, one of your most important systems is your air conditioner. If it’s not working properly, it can leave you in a hot, uncomfortable house all summer – which can put your health at risk, and even cause damage to your home. To avoid this, make sure your unit is working correctly. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for repair and replacement appointments in Montecito, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we offer same-day services.
We value our customers’ feedback. Read our testimonials to see what they think of our services!
We provide complete cooling services to Montecito, including:
- Emergency cooling repair
- AC repair & tune-up
- AC installation & replacement
- Commercial cooling services
- Air handler services
- Ductless mini split
- Refrigerant leak repair
- Evaporator coil services
Is a Ductless Mini Split System Right for My House?
When looking for a cooling system for your house, you have many options – from a traditional central air system to a ductless mini-split system. But how do you know if this energy-efficient unit is the right solution for your house? Our technicians recommend looking at this list to find out if it’s a good fit for your property:
- Your home doesn’t have a central HVAC system or ductwork installed.
- You want to heat or cool an area that’s not connected to your central system, like the garage.
- You want to install a system that doesn’t use ductwork.
- You want to control the temperature in specific areas of your home.
- You live in an area that doesn’t experience extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Why Isn’t My House Cooling Off Even When My AC Unit Is Running?
A common issue our technicians hear is “my AC is running, but my house is still hot.”
Unfortunately, this is a common problem, and it can be caused by a variety of issues. One of the most likely reasons is you simply need to recharge your refrigerant. If your refrigerant is too low, your system cannot work properly to cool your house.
If your house isn’t cooling to the desired temperature, call our technicians at Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to have our experts inspect and repair the problem.
Don’t delay AC repairs until your next payday. Ask us about our financing options.
Common Problems That Can Cause Air Handlers to Malfunction
Did you know your air conditioner consists of several different components? You need all of these to work correctly for your system to function. One of the most important components is the air handler. This helps move the air throughout your home. This can malfunction for a variety of reasons, including if you have:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.