Did your air conditioner barely make it through last summer? Were your utility bills higher than usual? It can be time to replace your aging unit with a new, more energy-efficient system. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for appointments in Montecito, CA. We offer same-day services to restore comfort to your home as soon as possible.
Read our testimonials to see why you should trust us with your AC installation.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a New Air Conditioner
When it’s time to replace your aging air conditioner, it’s important to do your research and ask the right questions to ensure you are buying the right model for your home. One of the biggest questions you will need to answer is how big of a unit you need to buy for your property. Some factors that can influence the size are:
- How many bedrooms are in your house.
- The size of your home.
- The type of windows you have – and how much sunlight and heat gets in.
- What type of insulation you have.
- How much sun your house gets.
To ensure you are buying the right sized unit for your house, call our technicians at Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for help.
4 Steps To Installing an Air Conditioner
While a lot goes into installing a new AC system in your house, the tasks can be grouped into four main buckets. These include:
- Removal of your old system and inspection of your air ducts. Your old system must be removed before the new one can be installed. Once it’s removed, technicians will also inspect the area and check out your air ducts to determine if they need any repairs.
- Install the new system. The installation process can involve adding new piping, electrical, or ductwork, depending on what’s needed to get the new unit properly installed.
- Inspect your thermostat. As part of the installation process, the technicians will take a look at your thermostat and ensure it’s working, or recommend installing a new one. You need a properly working thermostat to keep your new unit working correctly.
- Test the system. Before leaving, the technicians will ensure the system is working properly. They will also make sure you know how to use the unit, and will go through maintenance tasks you should perform on the system.
Is installing a new AC unit just not in your budget right now? Ask us about our financing options!
What Impacts the Lifespan of Your Air Conditioner?
While air conditioners can last over a decade, there are a lot of factors that can impact when it needs to be replaced. Some of these can include:
- The installation. If your unit was not properly installed, it can shorten the lifespan of the system.
- The amount of wear-and-tear. If your unit is working too hard throughout the season, it can lessen its lifespan.
- The climate. If you are enduring extremely hot temperatures, it can take a toll on your unit.
- The air quality. Poor air quality can cause your unit to fail sooner than expected.