Did you walk into your home – expecting to be greeted by a cool and comfortable house – and instead discover your house is hot and stuffy? This is never ideal, but there’s also no reason to panic. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to have our professionals inspect and repair your unit. We offer 24/7 services to Montecito, CA to quickly restore comfort to your house.
Read our testimonials to learn why your Montecito neighbors call us when they need AC repairs.
What To Do When You Have an AC Emergency
When you experience an emergency with your air conditioner, it’s important to take the right steps to ensure you are getting help as soon as possible.
The first thing you should do is call for professional services. An expert will give you tips on what to do before they arrive, including:
- Turn off your system to prevent further damage and reduce risks to your family.
- Turn on fans to help cool your home.
- Use a dehumidifier if you have one.
- Clean around your unit and remove any obstacles to ensure the technician has a clear path to your unit.
What To Expect During AC Repairs
When you schedule repairs on your air conditioner, it’s important to know what to expect. In most cases, one of the first things the technician will do is check your thermostat. They’ll ensure it’s on the right setting and working correctly.
Next, they’ll check out your system and diagnose the problem. They’ll inspect the unit and check all of the components, the air filter, refrigerant levels, the air condenser fan, and more.
Once the problem has been identified, the technician will review the issue with you and discuss potential repair options. Once you agree on the repairs, the technician will get to work.
Are air conditioning repairs not in your budget? Ask us about our financing options!
AC Maintenance You Can Do Yourself
To keep your air conditioner working properly, it’s essential to maintain it. While we recommend hiring a professional to tune up and inspect your system at least once a year, there are some tasks you can do on your own, including:
- Cleaning the condenser and compressor. You can remove any debris found around the components to keep leaves, sticks, and other items from interfering with the unit.
- Clean the evaporator coil and blower. You can clean the evaporator coil and blower to remove dust and other particles.
- Change the air filters. We recommend changing them every 1 to 3 months.