Do you cross your fingers each time your air conditioner kicks on, just hoping that it survives another day? If so, this is not a practical solution – especially not in the summer. If your unit breaks down, it can leave your house hot and uncomfortable until you are able to have a new one installed. To get help with your AC installation from a company you can trust, call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for appointments in Paso Robles, CA. We offer same-day services!
Read our testimonials to learn why you should trust us with your AC installation.
When To Replace Your Air Conditioner
It can be hard to know when it’s time to replace your AC unit. You might start seeing the signs, but opt to keep repairing it in order to keep your old system running. However, there are some symptoms that can indicate you need to install a new unit and need to stop pumping money into your old system.
One of the biggest signs is if you’re not getting cold air from your unit, or if the airflow seems limited. You should also pay attention to if certain parts of your house are warmer than others. Another sign to look for is if there is moisture leaking around the unit. Odd sounds coming from the system are also symptoms to watch for.
Additional signs that can indicate you should start shopping for a new AC unit are if it’s older than 10-15 years old and if it needs frequent repairs.
4 Features To Look For in a New Air Conditioner
When buying a new air conditioner, our experts recommend making sure the unit has these four features:
- Humidity control: Make sure your system can draw the heat and humidity out of the air of your home.
- Energy-efficiency: Ensure your unit has an appropriate SEER rating to save energy (and money).
- Sound performance: Make sure your unit runs quietly to avoid any disturbances in the home.
- Comfort features: Ensure your unit has enhanced comfort control options.
Contact us to learn about our financing options. We understand that an AC installation might not be in your budget right now.
Why You Need a Professional To Install Your New AC
When installing a new air conditioner, it’s essential to hire an experienced professional to do the work. You need an expert air conditioning contractor to:
- Properly measure and size your unit. This will ensure it can adequately cool your space.
- Improve your unit’s efficiency and extend its lifespan. By installing the unit correctly, it will ensure your unit can operate as efficiently as possible, and that your system can run correctly.