Does it seem like your air conditioner isn’t working right? If you’re questioning it, chances are it needs repairs. But stop guessing – and procrastinating – and have your system inspected by the professionals. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for appointments in Santa Barbara, CA! Our experienced technicians will diagnose and repair any issues to quickly restore comfort to your house.
We think we provide fast, reliable services to Santa Barbara. But don’t take our word for it – read our testimonials to find out!
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Evaporator Coils
While we tend to think about our air conditioners as a whole, there are many different components that make them work correctly. This includes the evaporator coil. If this malfunctions, your unit cannot deliver cold air to your house. To keep it working, there are key maintenance tasks you need to perform on it, including:
- Make sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes into contact with the component.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year, preferably before the summer months.
- Check the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Have the component inspected during your annual AC tune-up to check for any potential problems.
- Clean or change the air filters regularly, ideally at least every one to three months. Dirty or clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of the unit, increase the operating cost and lessen the indoor air quality.
- Check for blocked filters, as these can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.
How To Resolve Uneven Cooling in Your House
Are there certain areas of your house that are cooler than others? Uneven cooling is a common problem many of our customers in Santa Barbara experience. Some ways you can resolve these issues are by:
- Using your air vents to control the airflow and redirect air as needed.
- Removing debris from your vents and ensuring they are not blocked.
- Checking your air ducts for leaks.
- Switching the fan from “auto” to “on” to keep the fan circulating the air – even when your AC unit has turned off.
- Making sure your attic is properly insulated to prevent the cold air from escaping.
If you have uneven cooling in your home, call our experts at Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to have them inspect the problem.
Are emergency air conditioner repairs not in your budget? Ask us about our financing options!
AC Not Blowing Cold Air? Here Are Some Reasons
Did your air conditioner suddenly stop blowing out cold air? This can be due to several reasons. Some of the most common causes our AC contractors encounter are:
- Your vents are unexpectedly closed.
- Your thermostat is on the wrong setting or is not working correctly.
- Your air filter is clogged and needs to be replaced.
- Your fan or motor is malfunctioning.
If your unit stops producing cold air, it’s essential to call a professional for services as soon as possible, as it can be due to a larger problem that needs to be repaired.