Is there anything worse than having your air conditioner fail on one of the hottest days of the year? At the time it can feel like the end of the world. Fortunately, you can get your unit back up and running and quickly restore comfort to your house by calling an expert technician. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning! Our technicians will inspect and repair your unit promptly and professionally. We offer guarantee satisfaction to our clients in Santa Ynez, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Why should you call us when you need AC repairs? Read our testimonials to find out!
Reasons Your AC Unit Won’t Turn On
Is your air conditioner not turning on, even when you lower your thermostat? This can be due to several reasons. Some of the common causes our technicians often encounter are:
- A malfunctioning thermostat.
- A dirty air filter. Your filter needs to be replaced to remove the dirt, debris, pet hair, and other items that can clog the filter.
- A tripped circuit breaker. You can troubleshoot this yourself by checking your breaker and ensuring it’s turned on.
- The indoor shutoff switch was turned off. This is another item you can check yourself before calling for services. Check the switch to ensure it’s on.
- A blocked condensate drain. If this is clogged, it can prevent your unit from turning on as a safety precaution.
Musty Smell From Your AC? Check Out These Reasons Why
Do you notice a musty smell coming through your vents when your air conditioner is running? This can be due to bacterial growth buildup. This typically happens on the drain, evaporator coil, or in the drip pan.
Call a professional when you notice the odor and have the technician diagnose the issue and repair it.
Do you need help with your bill? Ask us about our financing options!
AC Services You Can Expect Us To Perform
When you call us for AC repairs, you can count on us to perform a full suite of services. Some of the most common jobs we perform are:
- Check refrigerant levels and recharge them if needed.
- Inspect the fan motor. We can repair loose parts, add lubricants, and repair them as needed if it’s not working correctly.
- Check the thermostat. We can ensure your thermostat is working as expected to allow your AC unit to run correctly. We can also install new devices – including smart thermostats.
- Inspect the condenser. If your condenser is leaking or needs to be repaired or replaced, we can take care of the work and get it operating correctly again in no time.
- Check the compressor. We can also inspect your compressor and make sure it’s working as expected and determine why there’s a lack of airflow or cool air, if needed.