Is it time to replace your aging AC system? If your unit is starting to show signs of wear and tear, you need to start looking into options to replace your system. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for replacements and installations in Solvang, CA. We offer same-day services and reasonable rates!
When you need a new AC unit installed, call us! Read our testimonials to learn why!
Should I Repair My AC or Replace It?
When your air conditioner malfunctions, it can be difficult to determine if you should keep repairing the unit or if it’s time to replace the system. While a technician can always help you determine when you need a new system, there are other tips you can use to decide on your own:
- If your utility bills are rising. This can indicate your system is not working efficiently.
- If your house is not cooling to the proper temperature.
- If the system is leaking.
- If you’ve made several repairs on your unit recently.
- If you need a major, costly, repair.
What Do SEER Ratings Mean?
Have you seen Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) on AC units and wondered what they mean? This is the ratio of the cooling output of an AC over a typical cooling season, divided by the energy it uses in Watt-Hours. It’s important to keep this number in mind when selecting a new unit. The minimum SEER for air conditioners is 13, but most modern units range from 13 to 21. The efficiency of your system can vary based on the size of your home, your ductwork, and other issues.
If you’re trying to determine what SEER rating is best for your home, call our experts at Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
Ask us about our financing options! We can help relieve the stress around paying for your AC replacement.
What To Ask Your Technician During Your AC Installation
Having a new air conditioner installed can be exciting, as you’ll soon have more efficient cooling in your house, but it can also be intimidating as you get used to a new system. To make it easier, you should ask your technician key questions:
- How does my unit sync with my thermostat? Do I need to take any action?
- How will the new system improve my indoor air quality?
- Should I have my air ducts cleaned?
- What are the benefits this system provides?
- How energy-efficient is this unit?
- What new features are in this unit that my previous system didn’t have?
- How often should I schedule routine maintenance?
- Is there anything I need to know about my new unit?