Is your air conditioner making odd noises, or leaking fluid? These are signs that you need professional repairs. Call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule repairs and tune-ups on your unit. A family-owned and operated company, we offer 24/7 services to Solvang, CA.
Read our testimonials to learn why our customers call us when they need air conditioning repairs!
When To Call for Emergency AC Repairs
When your air conditioner malfunctions, you might be wondering if you need emergency repairs, or if you can wait to book a standard appointment. According to our expert technicians, some situations that can require emergency repairs can include:
- Your unit won’t turn on: If your system won’t turn on at all, it can be necessary to schedule emergency services. This is especially important if the temperatures outside are high and you’re worried about your house getting too hot.
- Your system is making strange sounds: Did your unit suddenly start to make weird noises? It’s important to note the type of noise you are hearing. If you hear a hissing sound, it can indicate a refrigerant leak. It could also signal a high-pressure buildup.
- You smell an odor: If you notice a smell like something is burning, you should call for emergency help immediately.
How To Prevent Air Conditioner Problems
Dealing with an AC problem in the middle of summer is never ideal. Fortunately, you can try to prevent this by taking these measures year-round:
- Schedule preventative maintenance to have a technician tune up your unit.
- Replace your air filters regularly.
- Keep the area around your unit – both indoors and outdoors – clean.
- Check the condensate line for blockages.
- Monitor the unit’s performance.
When you need AC repairs, you don’t have time to wait around for your next payday. Ask us about our financing options!
Steps To Take Before Calling for AC Repairs
When you call for air conditioner repairs, there are steps you can take on your own before calling the professionals.
Some tasks are:
- Check the thermostat: Make sure the batteries are working and that the settings are correct. This is something you can troubleshoot on your own. If you are unable to identify an issue, then you should call and book an appointment.
- Check the air filter: Have you changed your air filter recently? Look to see if it’s dirty and needs to be replaced.
- Inspect your vents and air returns: Ensure the vents and air returns are not blocked. You need proper airflow for your system to work properly.
- Look at the pipe and drain pan: Check your pipe and drain pan to see if there is standing water. It could be due to a clog in your drain line that you can unclog on your own.