Is your air conditioner struggling to keep up with the summer heat? You don’t need to be uncomfortable in your house – you need to schedule repairs. When your unit stops working correctly, call Jerry’s Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for repair and replacement appointments in Templeton, CA. We guarantee satisfaction with every job!
Read our testimonials to find out why your Templeton neighbors call us for cooling services.
We provide complete cooling services to Templeton, including:
- Emergency cooling repair
- AC repair & tune-up
- AC installation & replacement
- Commercial cooling services
- Evaporator coil services
- Refrigerant leak repair
- Air handler services
- Ductless mini split
Signs You Have a Refrigerant Leak
A refrigerant leak can be a serious issue with your air conditioner. The substance can cause health risks for your family, so it’s essential to have the leak fixed as soon as possible. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you have a leak include:
- Your house isn’t as cool as it should be. Your home isn’t reaching the desired temperature on your thermostat.
- You see ice or frost on the evaporator coil: When the refrigerant level gets too low, the evaporator coil can no longer absorb heat to warm up the cold refrigerant. This can lead to moisture that can turn to ice or frost on the coil.
- You hear hissing sounds: Hissing sounds coming from the unit can signal a leak.
Common Problems With Evaporator Coils
You need a fully functioning evaporator coil to keep your AC unit running as expected. Unfortunately, if these break down, it can cause your system to stop working correctly. Our experts service evaporator coils frequently. Some of the most common issues we experience are:
- Refrigerant leaks: Call a professional to determine if you have a leak. He or she can repair it and add the appropriate amount of coolant.
- Unpleasant odors: A foul or musty smell in your home can be caused by bacteria and mold built up on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component, resulting in the growth of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Frozen coils: The coils are typically around 32° F. That means if water remains on coils for too long, it can freeze. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause serious issues for the unit.
Don’t stress about the cost of your air conditioning repairs. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
What Happens When You Don’t Replace Your Filters
Replacing the filters in your air conditioner might seem like a minor task, but it can have a big impact on your system. Failing to replace these in a timely manner can result in the following issues in your home:
- Lower indoor air quality in your property. Filters remove allergens and debris, and if these are full they cannot effectively remove the contaminants from the air.
- Inadequate airflow. If the filters are clogged they may not allow air to move as expected.
- Risk of breakdowns. The system may overwork if the filters are clogged, causing more wear and tear than is needed.
- Higher repair costs. If your unit is working harder than it needs to, it can result in more frequent repairs.
- Inefficient unit. If the system is overworked, it can use more energy to keep your home at the ideal temperature, resulting in higher utility bills.